Family conflicts are often highly emotionally charged, and best handled by legal counsel that recognizes that the human side of the matter is just as important as the legal. Our family law attorneys are specially trained to provide effective representation in marital and family disputes. They combine knowledge of the law with compassion and dedication.
Fowler White's Family Law Group has the experience, expertise and sophistication needed to effectively assist individuals and families facing difficult and challenging times. We represent clients in all aspects of marital and family law, including:
- Divorce and dissolution proceedings
- Preparation of agreements (including marital settlement agreements, ante-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, parenting plans, cohabitation agreements and civil union contracts)
- Child custody, parenting, parental responsibility and timesharing and access disputes
- Determinations of spousal support
- Establishment of paternity
- Division of marital assets and liabilities
- Valuations of business, real estate, pensions and other assets
- Enforcement and modification of family court orders
- Domestic violence, injunctions and protective orders
- Family law appellate matters
In addition, we are highly experienced in the resolution of complex family matters such as high conflict dissolutions, contested custody disputes, relocation cases and international kidnapping. Our attorneys also regularly handle cases for individuals of high net worth and those with difficult or unique legal issues.
Whenever possible, we use mediation and conflict resolution to reach an amicable solution. If a settlement is not possible or appropriate, our attorneys are skilled litigators in family law disputes. We pursue our clients' interests aggressively and when necessary, call upon the expertise and resources of other practice groups, such as real estate, tax, and trusts and estates. The Family Law Group also works with qualified forensic accountants, business valuators, psychologists, private investigators and other experts to ensure the most favorable outcome for individuals and families.